permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Where are you from?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Robert Waldrop" <rmwj@soonernet.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Where are you from?
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:05:06 -0600

Thanks for the suggestions. I think most of them would grow here
except for maybe the wild strawberries. I've been growing borage and
several kinds of chives. My chives, however, have tended to be back
behind other things and thus not really visible, your post makes me
think I should move them around a bit, which I've been meaning to do.

I wonder if the nodding onion is what we call an egyptian or walking
onion, makes tall fleshy stalks which I pick for green onions, then a
cluster of little bulblets forms at the top, as it ripens it falls
over and voila, a new cluster of plants. I don't know what tree
onions are, however.

And how do you eat the hollyhocks?

Robert Waldrop, OKc