permaculture - [permaculture] Re: Caragana +@Jerome

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Ute Bohnsack <sustag@eircom.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: Caragana +@Jerome
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 02:01:23 +0000

Jerome Osentowski wrote:

> Paul, Caragana does better in dry areas . Source out the nft that does
> well in your area. For slugs I imploy snakes. jerome

Hi Jerome,
no snakes here in Ireland, St. Patrick drove them out in 5th century, or
they never got here after the last ice age (pick version depending on
'Weltanschauung'). One NFT that seems to do ok here is tree lupin
(Lupinus arboreus), not exactly a tree, more of a large bush but seems
to cope fine with the wet ground. Doesn't like hard frost though.
BTW Just had a visitor from your neck of the woods, Kay Cafasso
(+sister+friend). Great lady. She was telling me a lot about your place.
Sounds wonderful! Are there any pics on the net?

Slán,
Ute in rainy, stormy Ireland