permaculture - RE: [permaculture] Afghanistan redux

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Mark <mpludwig@facstaff.wisc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [permaculture] Afghanistan redux
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 07:31:34 -0500

At 09:30 AM 9/20/02 +1000, you wrote:
"....unless the West imposes order..." ??!!!!!! Yeah, or unless they run out of oil and we all go home and leave them alone to get on with their lives in the manner they choose.

In an ideal world we could do that. In this case the country has been run for two decades by veinal warlords or homicidal religious wackos who made the mistake of supporting a dangerous terror network that attacked the USA (always a bad idea). Pulling out now is simply not an option, nor would it benefit the average Afghan citizen. Stabilizing the country is IMO essential unless we wish to see the nation slip back into anarchy or theocracy. BTW - They don't have much oil, though there is some talk of a pipeline to ship Caspian Sea region oil.