permaculture - Re: [permaculture] DifferentlyAbledPlants

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: FranksFarm@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] DifferentlyAbledPlants
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 18:55:33 EDT

Good day:)
In a message dated 9/11/02 2:21:30 PM, heidehermary@pacificcoast.net writes:

<< I also think that Mother Nature isn't all that stupid: those plants are
EXACTLY in the right place from an ecological point of view. It just
doesn't suit our purposes, so we continue to force our way until
eventually the soil just gives out. "Weeds" are great soil builders, >>

Heidi, I'm no scientist but I sure am in agreement with those sentiments.
Somehow I think those weeds are either trying to tell us something, or that
perhaps they are bringing up nutrients, minerals etc. that can pave way for
lush pastures etc.

OTH I'm concerned that they may outcompete the very grasses/legumes etc. I'm
trying to encourage in a Rotational Grazing System.

Frank