permaculture - Re: [permaculture] DifferentlyAbledPlants

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Mark <mpludwig@facstaff.wisc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] DifferentlyAbledPlants
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 12:49:12 -0500

At 08:33 AM 9/11/02 -0400, you wrote:
Good day:)

In a message dated 9/11/02 6:02:39 AM, peace@totalaccess.net writes:

there are some examples to the contrary, Scooter Cheetham here in

Texas holds a 'weed feed' where he teaches folks how to harvest and eat weed

(a.k.a. wild plants).

Good point, Kirby.

I'm also on a Wild Foragers list. And some of the folks there are always
talking about the medicinal values, and other uses of plants we often label
as weeds. They even ask for seeds of plants like "iron weed", joe-pye weed,
even thistle.

Sure sets me a wondering. I can grow weeds far better and easier. Now why is
there NOT a market for same:) Frank

There is surly money to be made in some of the wild flower seeds out there or in plants of the same.