permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: big ag in Pc

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: FranksFarm@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: big ag in Pc
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 09:07:44 EDT

Good day:)

In a message dated 9/1/02 6:56:27 PM, steved@ncatark.uark.edu writes:

<< ATTRA already does what you describe below, or
much of what you describe below...

*give information to farmers of all scale
*well proven techniques for their bio-region
*alley-cropping silviculture, mechanical harvesting of
perrenial polycultures, agroforestry, etc. >>

First, let me commend Steve, and ATTRA for the outstanding work they do. I
find it's one of the areas that government money is well spent.

And the mindset of the organization is very positive, and helpful. It's
always a pleasure dealing with them. Bravo, Steve!

But because they are a government organization they are limited in what they
CAN say, and RECOMMEND. I understand well the "whys". But that info is still
vital and that, and the details needed to emulate the success stories
mentioned is often glossed over.

BTW initially I grabbed every ATTRA title applicable...and many enterprises I
weeded out. But have not seen many of the updated Titles. I've been meaning
to call, and have then send me the new ones. Always interesting reading
because they are promoting many of the ideas we so often discuss on this, and
other sustainable ag lists.

Great job! Steve. Frank