permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Theory of Everyhting

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kirby Fry" <peace@totalaccess.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Theory of Everyhting
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 07:45:08 -0500

Hi Steve,

I agree that when we're cultivating food a degree of garden hygiene has to
be maintained and the undesirable plants, native or not, will be weeded out.

When, however, we take on an ecosystem restoration project other factors
than yield for human consumption come into play. I like Mogli's line from
a, "Jungle Book," movie that points out, "Were you going to eat it? Was it
going to eat you? Then why kill it?"

Kirby Fry

For the real scoop on environmental and social justice issues check out the
archives of Democracy Now!
http://www.webactive.com/webactive/pacifica/demnow/archive.html