permaculture - Re: plant DB - startup

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Elijah Smith" <elijah@hilobay.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: plant DB - startup
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 11:30:08 -1000

georg -

I just moved onto 8 acres, on the rainy upslopes of Mauna Kea (at about
1400'). Completed a PDC at a site down the road from me, so these days it's
a lot of mapping, reading, walking around, thinking, planting some big trees
I know I'm gonna want (avocado), etc. And I have some contract computer
work I'm avoiding, partially because the solar power system isn't what it
could be and doesn't allow me online too often... and partially because
outside is a lot nicer than inside...

I thought of making a seperate mailing list for development just to keep it
out of the way of people who really don't want to read all the emails... in
my experience a healthy dev project generates a lot of email...

Elijah