permaculture - A Lttle Humour

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Gerry Hawkes" <ghawkes@sover.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: A Lttle Humour
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 08:07:50 -0600

Mike -

You don't need to send £ 10 (you probably weren't offering it to me anyway),
but I think the following joke is applicable to the discussion and should
offend no one. (unless they are an ass)

Here goes (donate the £ 10 to charity):

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The boy rode on the donkey and the old man walked. As they went along they
passed some people who remarked it was a shame the old man was walking and
the boy was riding. The man and boy thought maybe the critics were right,
so they changed positions.

Later, they passed some people that remarked, "What a shame, he makes that
little boy walk" They then decided they both would walk! Soon they passed
some more people who thought they were stupid to walk when they had a decent
donkey to ride. So, they both rode the donkey.

Now they passed some people that shamed them by saying how awful to put such
a load on a poor donkey. The boy and man said they were probably right, so
they decided to carry the donkey. As they crossed the bridge, they lost
their grip on the animal and he fell into the river and drowned.

The moral of the story? If you try to please everyone, you might as well
kiss your ass good-bye.

Disclaimer: I really do like donkey's and this joke's sole purpose is for
humour (with a small educational component). It is no reflection on the
character of donkeys and is not intended to offend in anyway. Any
similarities to characters either living or dead is purely coincidental.

- Gerry Hawkes
http://www.biketrack.com/pollution.htm