permaculture - Re: how to think about rubble

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Schinnerer <eco_living@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: how to think about rubble
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 00:59:32 -0800 (PST)

Aloha,

> Try as I might, I am unable to think of the endless pieces of broken
> glass in positive & creative ways

If it were me, I'd just slowly expand into the space, bit by bit,
perhaps from different starting points, cleaning/salvaging as I went.
I'd take it in small manageable chunks, so that I didn't often come
back to this thought:

> ... its unconceivable that it would ever
> all be removed...

...triggered by contemplating the whole area at once; and eventually it
would be all converted...this is part of how I approach assorted
invasives on my Hawai'i land. If I try and "solve" all the "trouble
spots" at once I overwhelm myself, but if I just deal with a bit at a
time and don't burn myself out on it I find I get quite a lot done
without the mental stress of overwhelm.

best wishes,

=====
John Schinnerer, MA