permaculture - Re: Strange letter from Nigeria

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "keller" <ak.and.ak@on-line.de>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Strange letter from Nigeria
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:25:23 +0200

This is a hoax. The person writing it does not know much English. The writer
of this letter is what is called a "habook" (West African Pidgin for "half
book", that is somebody with a some, but not much education). You can expect
something better to come from the "Presidential Villa" in Abuja. If they
were serious they would directly contact permaculture organisations, which
can be easily found on the net. Somebody who has managed to get the title of
a doctor should be in better command of the english language (the Nigerian
Universities are not that bad).

Compare with
http://www.cyberplexafrica.com/fingaz/99/stage/archive/990408/farming9015.ht
as an example how an African with a real doctoral degree and a background
in Permaculture writes. The difference in the level of writing should be
evident.

I think this is a bait. They search for somebody to swallow it and can then
be convinced to send some money, or the are searching for somebody to
launder their dirty money (which they make by dealing cocain from south
america and selling it in Europe).

There is a lot of organized crime in Nigeria and the country is known for
criminals who send all kinds of business invitations to people in the richer
countries and get money out of them.

Andreas