permaculture - Re: Strange letter from Nigeria

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lsmitholy@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Strange letter from Nigeria
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 11:13:42 EDT

I've seen many scams come out of Africa, mostly trying to get your money.  Usually they tell a story of political turmoil and imminent threat to their lives in order to get you to send money to a European account and then they promise you more money in return for your efforts.

I imagine that scam has run its course, and they've had to get sneakier.  I imagine a request for money would be the next step in their communication with you.

Linda Smith