permaculture - Re: permaculture trademark alert

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <hemenway@jeffnet.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: permaculture trademark alert
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 12:45:51 -0700

Title: Re: permaculture trademark alert
A bit belatedly I'd like to mention that my reason for going into detail earlier about my copyright tiff with Bill and Lisa Mollison was only in small part simply to vent my spleen publicly about a frustrating and disappointing experience. Only a little. My main reason was to provide evidence that the efforts to secure trademark, in my opinion, are not motivated by a benign desire on their part to simply protect permaculture from corruption or to uphold high standards. For years I felt Bill's assertions of copyright were unselfish, and I often leapt to Bill's defense about this issue. But my experience, and those related to me privately by many others, have shown me I was wrong.