permaculture - Re: Rabbit/Chicken/Greenhouse Design

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Jeff Hall" <JRHALL@gwgate.lib.iastate.edu>
  • To: <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Rabbit/Chicken/Greenhouse Design
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 09:26:37 -0600

My plan is a rectangular lean-to greenhouse, maybe 3 ft high sunward, 10-12
ft high peak, with a semicircular strawbale back wall and a wall of 55 gallon
drums (and a vapor barrier attached?) creating the animal space between the
plants and the strawbale back wall. I'd even thought of a T-shaped worm bin
going from under the roost to a scoop-out area handy to the plant space.
Sloped forward for gravity assist?:)
Lots of details left out, temperature activated windows at the peak, etc. It
would be a frame, roof, then walls, so if the bales start to go because of
high humidity, they can simply be composted... But I'd be curious to see how
effectively a good mud/stucco job would preserve them.
-Jeff Hall, Ames Iowa USA

>>> <FranksFarm@aol.com> 02/14/01 06:06AM >>>
Good day:)