permaculture - Women's PC Workshop

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "J. Hobbs" <hobbsj@efn.org>
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Women's PC Workshop
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 18:12:14 -0800

Please forgive any cross-postings: J

An Introduction to
Permaculture:
A Design Workshop for
Women on Sustainable Living

February 16-18, 2001
Lost Valley Educational Center Dexter, Oregon

Permaculture is a method of design that offers guidelines for ways we can
create a more permanent culture by conserving resources in all aspects of
living.

Productive self-reliant environments evolve through thoughtful integration
of land, water, plants, people, animals, shelter, technologies and
community.

The purpose of this workshop is to create a comfortable, supportive
environment for women to learn Permaculture principles, strategies, and
basic techniques. By considering the 'whole picture' the workshop will
concentrate on practical examples of how to evolve efficient, bountiful,
and beautiful environments.

Topics included:
* Permaculture principles and methods
* Observation skills, site analysis, and design
* Natural cycles and pattern recognition
* Plant identification
* Water harvesting
* Soil building
* Edible landscaping, organic gardening, and tools
* Animal husbandry
* Appropriate technology and housing
* Urban strategies
Hands-On Experience

Instructor: Jude Hobbs
As a designer, horticulturist and instructor, Jude's focus is on soil
building, water harvesting and selecting the right plants for the right
place. Since 1982, through her business Cascadia Landscape Design, Jude has
offered environmental design solutions for urban and rural settings.
Jude's current interest is the research and establishment of
multi-functional hedgerows.
She tends a forest garden in Eugene, Oregon.

Fee: Sliding scale $200-$250.
This includes tuition, curriculum
materials and room and board.

REGISTRATION FORM

Enclosed is my tuition of $ (Sliding scale: $200-250)

Name: Phone #
e-mail:

Address: City: State:
Zip:

Please make checks payable to: Jude Hobbs
1161 Lincoln Eugene, Oregon 97401
For more information: (541) 342-1160 or hobbsj@efn.org

  • Women's PC Workshop, J. Hobbs, 01/21/2001