permaculture - (OT) CRASS

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "graham" <gburnett@unisonfree.net>
  • To: "Permaculture UK" <PermacultureUK@listbot.com>, "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: <CRASS@egroups.com>, "Gee Crass" <geecrass@southern.com>
  • Subject: (OT) CRASS
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 15:07:13 -0000

Hi

this may be considered OT, but I've met lots of people within the
Permaculture scene who were to some extent or another influenced by the band
CRASS... They now find themselves in need of support, so I hope the
following isn't considered too inappropriate to the list. More info can be
found at http://www.southern.com/southern/band/CRASS/

Cheers, Graham

Following snipped from SchNEWS 290, http://www.schnews.org.uk/

CRASS PAD

They re-activated the peace and anarchist movement, gave punk a good kick
up the backside, had a record label that sold thousands of records with
'pay no more than' stickers plastered all over them and generally trumpeted
the DIY get off your arses ethos. Now ex-members of CRASS are trying to
save the commune that spawned these and many other ideas from the
developers.

They've already saved Dial House from the developers once, arguing
successfully in court that the grade 2 listed 16th-century cottage on the
outskirts of North Weald was a cultural outpost (described as the punk
equivalent of the Bloomsbury set's Charleston House!). Supporters are now
trying to raise the £80,000 needed to buy the house. To find out about
giving donations email geecrass@southern.com

*The Stonehenge Free Festival was one of the ideas that came out of Dial
house. Read Penny Rimbaud's Shibboleth: My Revolting Life (AK Press) to
find out what happened to the man who dreamt it up.

  • (OT) CRASS, graham, 01/21/2001