permaculture - Re: PIJ RIP?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Marsha Hanzi" <hanzibra@svn.com.br>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: PIJ RIP?
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 12:03:57 -0300

Thanks Toby, for speaking for many of us...
I think Kris missed the point. PIJ folded because paper publishing is too
expensive , and a burdersome way of getting information out. The result can
be beautiful, I agree, and some segments have no access to on-line , I also
agree, although this is becoming increasingly less. even here in Brazil...
I also agree with Robert that we might conceive some alternative way of
exchanging more in-depth information which is less expensive for all, and
obviously Internet is a fine candidate.
It would be a pity if the articles would no longer be written and read, and
with incresing definition, we can even illustrate them with photos here
on-line...

And, if they are reading this, I would like to offer my most sincere
gratitude to the people at PIJ who struggled for so many years to put out a
document which has inspired many of us...

Marsha Hanzi
Instituto de Permacultura da Bahia
http://www.geocities.com/oliarte