permaculture - Re: Permaculture as a career

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Claude Genest" <genest@together.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Permaculture as a career
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 19:37:45 -0400

> > I believe that the small business model is relevant to Pc where
> > people seek to make it part of their livelihood.

I'm partial to this opinion myself but when I brought it up with my
Australian classmates I realized that ( from their perspective) there is
something uniquely "American" ( and rather distasteful) about this mindset.

I'll not presume to speak for them, but as best as I could tell, part of
their distaste was the potential for the "commercialization" of what is
otherwise a highly idealistic set of ethics.

In other words, how do we "give it away" and "sell" it at the same time?