permaculture - Re: Lawn Obsession.....

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "J. Hobbs" <hobbsj@efn.org>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Lawn Obsession.....
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 14:11:23 +0100

Hello All,

Remember the old saying you get more with honey than you do with vinegar?

My goal as a landscape designer is to evolve beautiful sites that function
for the earth, and the client. If getting along with neighbors is a goal
for one's self or a client, then why not be an example of promoting a
site that is productive and beautiful.

My recommendation is to mulch, mulch, mulch........plant guilds within the
mulch -food for wildlife and humans- add flowers to the mix which will melt
most 'hardcore' of hearts. Share the surplus! Evolving change through
example.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder