permaculture - Re: Permaculture as Vision

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Ava Devenport" <essenheal@iname.com>
  • To: permaculture
  • Subject: Re: Permaculture as Vision
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 17:14:27

On 05/29/00, ""Emily A. Noble" <guinep@theriver.com>" wrote:

> It had been years since I had access to
> good land and helped plant and harvest and share butternut squash......then
> a small CSA garden was planted and I got to eat fresh okra for the first
> time and ate corn off the cob in the garden. Now, I have a little garden
> and the tomatoes and squash are thriving to my delight. My dream is to
> enrich a corner of high desert and plant permaculture crops. Having
> permaculture when you may have to move in a few months and the next people
> there may just mow down what you've nurtured is another issue to consider.
> Permaculture can surely be a real Vision to promote to neighbors and
> relatives and preachers and teachers. If the people will lead, the leaders
> will follow? A friend got to give a sermon recently while minister was on
> vacation......she spoke on stewardship and blew milkweed seed into the
> audience.....I hope she asked them to catch the seed and plant it far and
> wide to restore that small part of the ecological balance for monarch
> butterflies.

Emily, is this part of the story or are you speaking of yourself here? If
you may have to move in a few months, have you looked into becoming part of
an eco-village? They could be in need of an individual as far-sighted,
full of information and such a "fireball" as you. I wish I had the
Sanctuary at EssenHeal up and running, but alas, I have no shelters, a well
with no pump yet, and electricity coming in from the road, but nothing to
attach to.

I would be MORE THAN JOYOUS to have you there and working beside you on the
land and educating the youth. And we're in high-mountain desert in SW
Colorado, still get a bit of snow, but the climate is very temperate. My
mom and dad are moving back there permanently, once we get situated and my
husband's brother, wife, daughter and her two children will be there. I'm
going mid-June and taking a group of youth as an educational foray, and my
bother-in-law and family are coming in July, after the 1st to purchase
land. My husband will be coming out with them as he can't leave here until
after the 1st.

I'm going to work very hard to see what we can do about this, you should
not be worried as having to possibly move and your plans, plants, etc.
being up-rooted.
This is just not right.

Blessings,
Ava

  • Permaculture as Vision, Emily A. Noble, 05/29/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Permaculture as Vision, Ava Devenport, 05/30/2000