permaculture - Re: Sustainability?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Dawn Shepard <dawnjs@mail.wsu.edu>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Sustainability?
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 15:38:45 -0700 (PDT)

again, I think this is an issue of the time scale that you are
considering. If we look at a stable system at anyone time it may either be
in a state of decline or growth. Being stable doesn't make it static.
Things don't come from nowhere so unchecked eternal growth is not possible
according to what I've been taught. I'm in no way an expert on modeling
the environment, but there is a man named Andy Ford at Washington State
University who wrote "Modeling the Environment". In his class he shows in
several ways that growth without limit is not healthy or possible.