permaculture - RE: Guerilla Gardening

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Schinnerer <John-Schinnerer@data-dimensions.com>
  • To: 'permaculture' <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Guerilla Gardening
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 10:57:35 -0700

Aloha,

-----Original Message-----
From: Lee Flier [mailto:lflier@mindspring.com]

>...maybe the question we need
>to ask, in the interest of people care, is what motivates the
troublemakers?
>What is it that frustrates them so much and how can we give them a role
that
>will help further our common goals? We can think of them the way gardeners
>think of a "weed"...
<snip>
>...Clearly the rabble-rousers aren't going away until the
>planet has returned to balance, and meanwhile the harder we try to stop
them
>doing damage, the more angry they will get and the more damage they will
do.

Well said, Lee - and I think that it's our species that is out of balance,
not "the planet" - or at least, that's all we're qualified to say...we need
to look at and work with ourselves and our species first (with respect and
in relation to all not-human) rather than try and "fix" something we call
"the planet." To me "the planet" is the same trap as "the government,"
"those darn foreigners," "the corporations," "overseas labor," or any other
reification or abstraction that we use to avoid dealing with actual human
beings.

John Schinnerer