permaculture - Re: Guerilla Gardening

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Emily A. Noble" <guinep@theriver.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Guerilla Gardening
  • Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 13:46:40 -0700

Thanks, Rick Valley........it's not so much capitalism to be throwing rocks
against as the entire so-called civilization begun with neat, "refined",
row-by-row agriculture. If you want to delve into that issue, read STONE
AGE ECONOMICS by Marshall Sahlins (not an easy read, but excerpts here and
there are quite exciting).
----------
>From: rick valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
>To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
>Subject: Re: Guerilla Gardening
>Date: Wed, May 3, 2000, 12:52 PM
>

>>See you next year? I don't think so, in future I'll be staying in the
garden
>>too!
>To me, "guerilla gardening" conjures up visions of striking at the weak
>points and fading back into the urban jungle; not some sort of direct
>confrontation.
>I hate to plant things that can't have the time to grow.
>How can you best use your energies to build a poplar movement, branching
out
>from deep roots?
>I have heard stories of brave "guerilla gardeners" dressing in coveralls
and
>hard hat, planting street trees in broad daylight; groups stealthily
setting
>out massive flower beds at night, to rally neighborhoods and create
(veggie)
>gardens to block road construction.
>I leaf it to yer imagination...
>But I would love to see a picture of Winnie with a turf Mohawk!
>-Rick
>
>Rick Valley Northern Groves
>PO Box 1236, Philomath, OR 97370
>Mobile-(541)602-1315, hm.& msg. (541)929-7152 Bamboo catalog $3 or at
><http://www.teleport.com/~dbrooks/bamboo.html>
>"Useful Bamboos and other plants? Permaculture education? Ecological design
&
>consultation centering on water,landform and horticultural systems"
>

>---
>You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: guinep@theriver.com
$subst('Email.Unsub')