permaculture - distance courses

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Dawn Shepard <dawnjs@mail.wsu.edu>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: distance courses
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 14:18:10 -0800 (PST)

I am a biological systems engineering student in Washington State with an
interest in Permaculture. I gather that you need to complete a
permaculture design course to become certified? I've been studying
permaculture on my own for a long time and have almost no acutal
experience. Maybe that's the reason that I can't say I relate to the
inspiration to "meditate", (unless that's a more flexible term than I
understand it to be).

I guess that means I'm looking for the Orthodox
type of course mentioned. My zone 6 doesn't have elves or Elvis.
I want to learn about Permaculture, which I understand to include a
whole range of lifestyle aspects from food production to sustainable
architecture, possibly social structure issues and maybe herbal
remedies.

I understand the silent gratitude that comes from having contact
with the forces that provide for you. I believe in putting all things to
their best use. That's what I'm looking to learn about in a design course.
Is there anyone who can recommend a course like that which can lead
to certification?

Thank you in advance for your help. Please correct my assumptions if you
think they're wrong.

Dawn