permaculture - Re: distance courses

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: michaellockman@juno.com
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: distance courses
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 17:10:47 -0800

Dawn-

We are offering two certification courses in Western Washington this
summer.

1) The first will be an urban-based course held in Seattle over four
weekends (July-August). It will be geared toward professional designers,
planners, engineers, builders, landscapers, social workers, nonprofit and
municipal employees; etc. The course will be offered by Antioch
University Seattle's Graduate Program in Environment & Community and you
will be able to receive credit for it (undergraduate or graduate).

2) The Bullock Brothers on Orcas are offering a 18-day certification
course at their 17-year old permaculture homestead on Orcas Island. We
have not yet confirmed the dates, but it looks like late
July/early-August. This course will cover the permaculture curriculum
with emphasis on learning the hands-on skills necessary to implement the
principles.

Please contact me if you would like more
information,michaellockman@juno.com

Michael Lockman