permaculture - Re: GMO stuff for Guy

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <london@metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: GMO stuff for Guy
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 19:05:49 -0400 (EDT)

Lawrence F. London, Jr. -+|+- Venaura Farm
london@metalab.unc.edu lflondon@worldnet.att.net
http://metalab.unc.edu/london, /permaculture, /ecolandtech
EcoLandTech -+|+- InterGarden -+|+- Permaculture

On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Ute Bohnsack wrote:

> No, not OK. Larry.
> With all due respect. I agree that the GMO issue should not be threshed out
> on
> this list. BUT I think that Toby's playing the devil's advocate is useful
> because in any discussion that we may enter into with the Monsanto & Co.
> guys
> exactly those points that Toby made will be raised and we should be ready
> for
> them.

Read what I wrote. I was not commenting on Toby's post, which I thought
was very useful. It was the reply by Greg E. Read what Greg E wrote and
see if you don't feel, as I do, that perpetuation a thread on that topic
would be an utter waste of our _valuable_ time.

Now of you'd rather toil and boil on about pro/anti pesticide use on into
the sunset let me know, I'll take a poll of list subscribers.
I for one would much rather LEARN ABOUT PC and continue the great
discussions we've seen here lately. I feel sure that many of the valued
contributors to this list would too.

> And, please, nobody on these lists should be called an idiot. And
> particularly
> not someone whose second name starts with an H and ends on emenway.

I'm "keepin me gob shut" (tnx Peter Wibberly) about that little trinket
of crass hypocrisy, Ute. :-) <----- Note Smiley. Dan's off on a teaching
junket so I guess he's powerless to respond anyway.

Cheers,

List Slave