permaculture - Re: RE: Pond construction ideas needed (for FranksFarm)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: georg <georg@2012.org>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: RE: Pond construction ideas needed (for FranksFarm)
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 11:26:00 +0200

><<trouble with our farmed ducks and wild yabbies destroying the water
>quality and seal.>> hmm...I was contemplating a few ducks...should i skip
>'em?

depends how you wanna use the pond.... i once planned and implemented a
small pond with carp and ducks - water also used to irrigate - ducks where
great, because they turn the water into a fertilizer/manure brew... so if
you wanna swim in it, skip'em

*

georg

********
follow your heart -
it is the only way to heaven on earth.. . .