permaculture - Re: RE: Pond construction ideas needed (for FranksFarm)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: FranksFarm@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: RE: Pond construction ideas needed (for FranksFarm)
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 22:03:07 EDT

Hello April,

Thanks for the input.

<<an allowance for flood (the overflow must be well designed>> Granted...but
how?

<<not to alter the natural flow of a water system (the daming of creeks
here have proven to destroy habitat for native species such as our tortoises
and
platypus)>> I'm not damming any creeks. Just trying to catch the water off
the ridges for multi-use at a later date. Rather than have too much water in
spring...not enough later. Else it all flows out the creeks, off the
property.

<<trouble with our farmed ducks and wild yabbies destroying the water
quality and seal.>> hmm...I was contemplating a few ducks...should i skip
'em?

Appreciate the feedback. Cheerio Frank