permaculture - Re: BAD NEWS website address for Permaculture International

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <london@metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: BAD NEWS website address for Permaculture International
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 12:45:47 -0400 (EDT)

> Date: 27 Jul 1999 10:20:43 +0200
> From: Thilo Pfennig <vinci@alternativ.net>
> Subject: Re: BAD NEWS website address for Permaculture International

> Maybe you should look on the traffic the global directory produces,
> before you start off. I don?t know you conditions or how thick youir
> lines are, but if your connection is not good, the resulkt might be
> very slow browsing on your pages.

MetaLab can handle the traffic without any problem. I have already
created a generic permaculture website here to accomodate whatever the
needs of the folks in this group are. This included all detractors and
naysayers, those in learning mode, newbies and all.

> But I think what Lawrence and others try fits very well in the global
> directory. Maybe it is possible to work with them for you?

I am ready to begin our GPD here at MetaLab now. Over coffee just now I
put together a clutch of ready-to-go resources we can begin using very
effectively. All I need to do is plug the code into the webpage.

Details in my next post, after another cup of coffee and something to eat.
I will need VOLUNTEERS, a few with passworded access
to a ducument input area.

This is a way cool project that I think we can easily pull off -
it will build over the years and the ease of use of these new resources
will help it along.

> BTW: I am very busy nowadays, so my work (PC-faq in sgml, etc.)
> will have to wait. But I have all this mind.

Thanks go to you for that, Thilo.

And Dan: Try to make this GPD project work for you. Your permaculture
activities are very interesting and valuable to all of us and I, for one,
am interested in helping promote your publications, workshops and courses.
Your presence in this list is valued.

Lawrence
el hombre de las pocas palabras