permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: Does Permaculture have to be so expensive???

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: FranksFarm@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: Does Permaculture have to be so expensive???
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 10:33:53 EDT

Hey,

In a message dated 5/18/99 10:45:43 AM, amaranth@uninets.net( Kelley) writes:

<<I don't think that teaching Pc for money is unethical. But, one of the
reasons that I feel courses are so high in cost is that for me, I would have
to travel quite a
distance for a course. As far as I know, the closest courses are in Nova
Scotia,
Maryland and Tennessee (except for exceptionally rare courses offered a bit
closer).
Not only is the money a factor, but the time is very difficult for me as
well. It's
hard to be gone for a week or more and leave DH with all the home
responsibilities >>

Very well said Kelley:)

I too have similar problems, and concerns. I had planned to attend a Course
in Ohio...but had to cancel at the last permitted date due to farm
plans/obligations. I was really looking forward to that weekend, and the cost
was much lower than others. I think it was around $250 since the teachers
were not well known, and the Center is obviously trying to entice like minded
folk to visit.

Any PC courses coming up in Kentucky? Best to all. Frank