permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: Does Permaculture have to be so expensive???

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Kelley <amaranth@uninets.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: Does Permaculture have to be so expensive???
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 10:48:03 -0400

now it
would be way too much work to organize something like that. I've just come
off of a
one-year process organizing an ecopsychology conference (which was only a
weekend!) and
have to catch up on farm work because of it. Even though I could get some
farm labor
out of the deal, I have to think whether the time, energy, planning, missing
of chores
is worth it.

Kelley

FranksFarm@aol.com wrote:

> Hey,
>
> In a message dated 5/18/99 10:45:43 AM, amaranth@uninets.net( Kelley)
> writes:
>
> <<I don't think that teaching Pc for money is unethical. But, one of the
> reasons that I feel courses are so high in cost is that for me, I would have
> to travel quite a
> distance for a course. As far as I know, the closest courses are in Nova
> Scotia,
> Maryland and Tennessee (except for exceptionally rare courses offered a bit
> closer).
> Not only is the money a factor, but the time is very difficult for me as
> well. It's
> hard to be gone for a week or more and leave DH with all the home
> responsibilities >>
>
> Very well said Kelley:)
>
> I too have similar problems, and concerns. I had planned to attend a Course
> in Ohio...but had to cancel at the last permitted date due to farm
> plans/obligations. I was really looking forward to that weekend, and the
> cost
> was much lower than others. I think it was around $250 since the teachers
> were not well known, and the Center is obviously trying to entice like
> minded
> folk to visit.
>
> Any PC courses coming up in Kentucky? Best to all. Frank
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: amaranth@uninets.net
> leave-permaculture-75156P@franklin.oit.unc.edu

---