permaculture - Re: DIY liquid fertilizer

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: miekal and <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: DIY liquid fertilizer
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 10:03:11 +0000

first, am I responding on the right list, me thinks this is the old
list. ah well.

john s, do you know where there is a breakdown of compost tea & its npk
& nutrients?

& Ive used urine in the past, have a real problem with build up of salts
(nitrates?), the soil starts looking real crusty. Not sure if that is a
bad thing, but the soil, at least the top soil loses its crumbly
texture. never measured it, per se, but just peed in a 5 gallon bucket
of water, so I imagine the ratio being in a smaller proportion that even
1:20. also peeilizer alone, I imagine doesnt give the kind of balanced
fertilizer that fish emulsion would, right Jack?

I feel like a gameshow host

miekal