permaculture - Re: Embankment

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Elfpermacl@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Embankment
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 10:49:25 EDT

<<Dan,

I knew there was a way to make something that would last! Now I have to begin.
You
will likely hear from me again as I begin something brand new for me. Not sure
how
much I can do before winter sets in. We're having our first frosts and the
snow could
be settling within a a month.

Thanks again.

Jeffrey>>

My pleasure. You should probably make the highest priority to make sure that
frost heave doesn't create more soil moving for you in the spring.

Log walls don't take very long to build, depending a lot on how many rocks are
in you soil as you shovel a fair bit. The rocks are useful, of course, to
chink between logs or use as extra weights on the cross pieces.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since 1982),
Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and annual correspondence
courses via email. Copyright, 1998, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O. Box 52,
Sparr FL 32192 USA Internships. YankeePerm@aol.com

We don't have time to rush.

A list by topic of all Yankee Permaculture titles may be found at
http://csf.colorado.edu/perma/ypc_catalog.html
Elfin Permaculture programs are listed at the Eastern Permaculture Teachers
assn home page: http://home.ptd.net/~artrod/epta/eptahmp.html