permaculture - Re: pattern integrity (B. Fuller) + permaculture patters

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Rene and Lorraine van Raders" <rvraders@tpgi.com.au>
  • To: <permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: pattern integrity (B. Fuller) + permaculture patters
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 18:06:08 -0800

Can't say I understand much of what you're on about, but i would like to
post a few patterns I've noticed.

Leaf disease or aging often looks very similar to the fruit (and acts as a
camouflage).. I guess this is a reflection of the basic pattern for that
species expressing itself.

I'm interested in a bit more info on the yin yang symbol... I don't really
know anything about it but intuitively I feel it represents that there are
always two sides to everything (but that each half is also partly the
other). That there are two sides to every argument, and that neither side
is correct (that no-one is ever totally correct).

I guess another basic pattern I see relates to health (plant or animal)...
that health derives from a mixture of things...
stress-love
mind (unique to humans)
nutrition (clean air, water, food)
physical (exposure to the germ)
genetics

Those that are loved (even if it's by pets) are sick less often.
Many claim that up to 99% of illness is psychosomatic, or can be helped by
mental techniques
Genetics is being blamed for everything today from alchoholism to
homosexuality... yet it's only a small part of the truth (and can change
within 4 generations with seed saving in plants.. what about humans?)

That having a good balance of all of the above is the best assurity of
health, but that excellence in any of the above can give health, even when
the other elements are out of whack.

It surprises me that something so obvious seems to be missed by the medical
profession and many alternative healers too!!

Best wishes to all.
Rene and Lorraine van Raders
The Green Piece Permaculture Garden
PO Box 389
Malanda, Beautiful Far North Queensland
4885 Australia
Int. 61 740 965138
Australia 07 40 965138
email rvraders@tpgi.com.au
"If enough people knock there heads against a brick wall it will fall
down."
Ashleigh Brilliant