permaculture - pattern integrity (B. Fuller) + permaculture patters

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jack Rowe <jackrowe@compuserve.com>
  • To: "INTERNET:permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu" <permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: pattern integrity (B. Fuller) + permaculture patters
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 15:12:17 -0500

Neat question, Lawrence!

"Would there be any links between Buckminster Fuller's concept of "pattern
integrity" and permaculture patterns?"...

Quantum physics tells us that there are links between ANY and ALL 'two
things'... in fact, it tells us that -- at least on a
quantum-field/god/implicate-order level -- any two things are actually ONE
thing, imcompletely percieved. Ok, so the sages have been telling us this
for millenia... why not give credit where credit is due?

SURE, "observed permaculture patterns should be catalogued along with
permaculture guilds information" (are we cataloguing either of these two
things yet?). Patterns (or 'ruts', as the most commonly-practiced are
called) are powerful and can be overall-constructive or
overall-destructive. Construction and destruction are not inherent in the
patterns, but arise in a context (Life, say, or -- in other words -- OTHER
patterns). Pattern resonances are harmonious or discordant in their major
keys (according to us), they are (always) BOTH in their myriad minor keys
(the more viewpoints included, the more minor keys). The actual total
number of major and minor resonances together is always, of course,
'infinity'.

Letting Life-harmonious patterns become a fundamental part of our vision
requires a major paradigm shift... hence all the moaning and groaning. It
makes excellent sense to consciously recognize, and share, and talk about
the living patterns we see, because paradigm shifts involve changing
powerful prejudicial patterns (the aforementioned 'ruts' as established on
mental, emotional, spiritual, physical, spatial, temporal, automotive and
other planes). The more we rehearse the new realities we'd like to see
adopted into consensus, the faster these new patterns will become 'real'.

Plus we increase our chances of practicing 'right livelihood' AND eating,
all during the same period of time. Cool idea, I like it.

Jack Rowe

Don't just 'Question Reality'... poke it in the eye.