permaculture - Re: passive solar greenhouse/strawbale

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Bruce Brummitt <lilacmn@eot.com>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: passive solar greenhouse/strawbale
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 09:05:55 -0600 (CST)

It was written:
Straw bale is a great addition to the permaculture tool box and has many,
many appropriate applications, particularly where people grow grain in
quantity anyway. In the north woods, it can be questionable for a number of
reasons.

by Dan Hemenway...
******************
We live in the northwoods of northern Minnesota, near the headwaters of the
Mississippi River. We built a strawbale studio 4 summers ago for Cheryl's
holistic health practice. We have only glowing reports to give on its
performance and esthetic appeal.

You mentioned "a number of reasons" strawbale can be questionable
here...please shed more light on this...

Bruce

Bruce Brummitt and Cheryl Valois
<lilacmn@eot.com>
"With Liberty and Justice...for All"