permaculture - passive solar greenhouse/strawbale

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Andrew Erb <erba@lincolnu.edu>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: passive solar greenhouse/strawbale
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 14:45:59 -0600 (CST)

I think the reference to the straw bale passive solar greenhouse was
excellent, I have recently developed an interest in straw bale
construction and hope to use it to build my own house/greenhouse, I found
a very nice new book about straw bale construction at our public
library.

I once read that someone was using rabbits in their greenhouse, they
provide heat and fertilizer, rabbit manure is supposed to be usable
whithout composting (please correct me if I'm remembering this
incorrectly).