permaculture - Re: Mollison bashing

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Terrakin@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Mollison bashing
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 03:07:07 -0400 (EDT)

I personally like my teachers to be alittle on the human (i.e. erring ) side.
it makes their level of knowledge seem more attainable.
Heck, Jesus didn't necessarily choose well in the friendship department and
Buddah definitely was no fungi expert. I figure Mr. Bill and company are
behaving true to species.
I see filtering through teachers, apostles, and seed catalogs without the
benefit of an official designation , certificate, seal of approval ..... as a
major part of the lesson.
I want to make up my own mind..... permaculture may end up like
Protestants.....
with many denominations....It's diversity. many paths to God/Gaia/Perma...
it'll get the job done, I hope.
But I'm an optimist ( must be, I'm a fulltime musician!)
As this old joke says....... with
all this horse sh.....t there must be a pony in here somewhere!
Hokahey! Kiya Heartwood

On the post about perma - banking.......
A community loan fund where four or five people get together as a circle and
pool their resources to lend one member enough to buy 100 chicks say.....
When the first person pays this back ... the next can borrow. Each circle
decides who gets the money first and meets together for imput , advice, and
support. I heard about it through the Lakota Loan Fund on Rosebud where most
of the money was going to craft artists but I think the idea originated in
India. It's a way to start small and get things done.... but requires trust
and mutual support....What's that nice sentence about we will cooperate , not
compete? I'm sure there's folks out there who have better details on this
circle banking but it's brain food nonetheless.