percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Percy-L Digest, Vol 59, Issue 2

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Nikkibar AT aol.com
  • To: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Percy-L Digest, Vol 59, Issue 2
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 12:32:23 EST

U have a problem with the reference to our present financial woes as a Ponzi Scheme. It has often been referred to that way in the media and as a writer on Ponzi Schemes in general, what's wrong at the moment does not strike me as being that. Both the classic Ponzi Scheme and the present horror are frauds but they are of a quite different nature as frauds -- unless that is I don't quite understand the reference in Mr Riddick's post. Please explain.

Nikki Barranger