pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] comments on 0.2.0

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] comments on 0.2.0
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:34:30 +0100

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

Valuable data can be gathered from ag people

I think we'll soon be in a position to start gathering this data.
The work Chads doing on the the core structure I think will allow this gathering of info to happen easily.

Expressing the data in some xml/rss/Konfab manner will also be useful to
allow ag people to use the data in thrid party aplications. For example
they could import the data into a spread sheet and do some sums to work out the best plants to sow.

I'm getting the feeling that we could be positioning ourselves at the crest of a wave here. This could be a good thing, both the pfaf and Lawrences ibiblio site benifitted by being early adopters on the web, getting in there quick when things were still small. This definatly helped with getting a lot of inbound links and getting the sites a good page rank. I think we could do the same with piw in the semantic web arena.

I'm certainly up for working with sust-ag people, SARE etc.