pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[20][9.8.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Archer <pcplantdb@juggernaut.com.au>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[20][9.8.04]
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 06:57:34 +1000

At 9:46 AM -0700 8/9/04, Stephanie Gerson wrote:

>I’Äôm sorry Lawrence, but I feel that your post does not accurately reflect
>what hg is about ’Äì at least in it’Äôs Phase 1, which involves relationship
>between plants.

I agree. We don't have the resources or expertise to help other people
develop information resources. In fact, we're struggling to develop an
information resource ourselves.

>Furthermore, did we agree that I would be the PR person for the group? I
>think I remember someone nominating me’

I second that. I think we should have a single consistent publicity
person, and I think that Stephanie is the ideal person for this role.

>-SHARED WEB WORKSPACE

Our shared workspace should be private. Anyone who wants to
contribute can be given an account and access.

The public web site should at this stage be tailored to the specific
needs of fundraising. In the future this will change, but right now
there is little need for content which does not contribute toward
this aim.

The content should be along the lines of:

- Outline the specific current goals of this project (i.e. to
develop a plant information database with a complex search).

- Briefly outline any other areas/services we might like to expand
into in the future.

- Describe the concepts associated with PIW (i.e. what is permaculture,
what is a guild etc) so that potential funders can learn about those
terms without having to ask and look dumb.

- Describe the benefits to the community of this project.

- Perhaps brief biographies of group members.

>p.s. If it takes you a long time to read, it took someone longer to write...

I've mentioned this before... Stephanie, why does your mail come
through with all these unreadable characters in it? I find that
it makes your posts much more difficult to read and assimilate!

...R.