pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] I'm back / sunday status report

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] I'm back / sunday status report
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 21:59:21 -0700

John Schinnerer wrote:

Aloha,

> 3. Vote on name: Permaculture Information Web or Open Permaculture
> Project?

Missed this Q the other night...

I like both too. How about a combo - four words, short long long short, maybe resolve this either/or vote:

Open Permaculture Information Web

That's good though it too suggests a portal to external websites and
databases.
doesn't imply a web or relationships but that is only part of the database.

Then again, it might be worthwhile reserving Open Permaculture Project
and Open Permaculture Information Project to represent a global permaculture
information collaborative.

I'll stick with Permaculture Informationweb (or InformationWeb)
maybe Permaculture Information Web is better.

permaculture.info
Permaculture Information Web
Participating In the Open Permaculture Information Project

Kinda says it all IMO...
Or go short long short short with a very common and well-known abbreviation:

Open Permaculture Info Web

And if ya really gotta have only three words one way or another:

Open Permaculture InfoWeb

...though I have seen far more than enough of those InfoWeb kinda name conglomerations in industry to find them almost annoying...;-)

I like many of the ideas Rich has put forward, especially future bells and whistles and
many of yours as well.

So far all the suggestions, wishlists, wells and bhistles I've heard here could be done on whatever platform.
IMO none of that is platform-contingent, nor should it be.

Run a php or Perl script from within the database?