pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] frustrated

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] frustrated
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:00:21 -0500

Hello all,

I'm feeling a bit frustrated with the speed of our process in choosing
a platform. Three weeks ago, I put most of my other projects
(including social life) on hold for the next couple of months to work
on this project. I am chomping-at-the-bit here...

I think everyone knows my preferences in regards to a platform. I
recommend what I recommend because I think it is the right tool for
the job. I am ok not using Zope but I do think we will have a less
useful/featureful product with more development time invested.

For the next two days, I'm planning on spending less time at the
computer (the tomatoes call). I will respond to discussion
specifically about choosing a platform but I will probably be a bit
snippy if I have to repeat myself so please [re]read my posts on this
topic before writing. I know that there are lots of other interesting
ideas being tossed around right now and I apologize if you feel
ignored.

John S. if you can make your way through this latest round of posts,
maybe sometime today or tomorrow you could summarize/respond to all
this platform stuff.

Rich, if you are not interested in using Zope could you make another
proposal?

Any thoughts Steph?

Thanks,
Chad