pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] [synthesis][10][8.15.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] [synthesis][10][8.15.04]
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 19:28:14 +0100

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
Does this mean that he only wiki you can run in a Zope environment is one
written in Zope,
i.e. Zwiki or some other. Or does it allow wiki apps that need a mysql
database and php
to access those libraries on some other server, i.e. on some other ibiblio
machine where those apps are available globally?

I assume that in a Zope environment you can only run apps written in Zope
therefore you are limited to what's currently available.

Too me this is really an important question. How easy would it be
to integrate a non zope thing with zope.

Yes we can have different products running, but we could end up with
having different ports for different parts, say
http://permaculture.info/ - for non zope bits
http://permaculture.info:8080/ - for zope bits
(unless of course we go for an apache plug in and the sysadmins allow it).

Also theres integration under the hood, how easy is it to pull things
from the Z-ODB from outside. I believe people have posted stuff
on how to do this from python. But will it limit developers to using python in the future.

That is one advantage of sticking to MySQL for the plant database, interms that basically every language can communicate relativly painlessly with it.

Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
Tel: 01208 872 963 / 0845 458 4719
Email: webmaster@pfaf.org