pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] [synthesis][8][8.11.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] [synthesis][8][8.11.04]
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 23:26:08 +0000

Aloha,

Following are the tallies thus far:
-ZOPE/IBIBLIO -
John S. – prefers ZOPE but willing to compromise

Sort of - here's my more detailed position:
I am willing to TEST regardless of what platform and what host system this ends up on.
I strongly support and urge an object-based model using an object-centric language (first choice python), an ODB and so on.
Zope integrates this all into a nice package that is also not xenophobic (see my other response to Rich's questions about zope), so that's my choice.
If the developers choose to go with an RDB and HTML-munging, my technical/conceptual input will drop to zero or thereabouts - except for QA/test aspects - because I don't know much about that stuff.

> domain and nonprofit
John S.

PI holds domain registration (they are REGISTERED, not OWNED), fine by me.
Don't see any need for separate nonprofit; wouldn't block it if someone turned up to do the work to create it.

NOTE: At some point someone expressed a strong opinion against PI being umbrella if they skimmed off our grant(s).
Scott made it clear there will be a fee - 4% I think it was.
Everyone OK with that?
I am at present, given that otherwise we have to create, or find someone to create (and administer) some kind of organization to do this.

cheers,