pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] [synthesis][8][8.11.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] [synthesis][8][8.11.04]
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 19:28:37 -0700

Another synthesis…already?! Yup. But this is a short one.

Here goes.

First, thanks for your post, Saleema. And you are welcome for the
syntheses in plain English – I’m glad someone out there besides the core
group is reading them! We look forward to your contributions.

Also, thank you all for voting on the decisions so quickly. Especially
to Lawrence for being so clear on your votes (those capitals letters add
emphasis quite nicely).

Following are the tallies thus far:
-ZOPE/IBIBLIO -
Rich – prefers Ibiblio (and whatever platforms they offer) over ZOPE
Lawrence – Ibiblio and MySQL, Eden., etc. (option 4 of Chad’s list)
Steph – I’m leaving this one up to yalls…
John S. – prefers ZOPE but willing to compromise
Chad – thanks for your informative summary and list of options, but
what’s yer vote?
John H. – ?

-DOMAIN OWNERSHIP/NON-PROFIT STATUS -
Steph – PI should own the domain, and if we do decide to go non-profit,
do it later
Rich – PI should own the domain, and if we do decide to go non-profit, do
it later
Lawrence – PI should own the domain, and no to non-profit status (“All
our time will need to be spent programming and data gathering, and
promoting our magnificent project.” Nice reasoning.)
Chad - ?
John S. – ?
John H. - ?

-NAME –
John S. – permaculture.info
Rich – permaculture.info
Lawrence – permaculture.info
Stephanie – permaculture.info as our domain, but not convinced about that
as our project name (this would mean that when we say it, it would be
“Permaculture dot info”? Hmm…not too into with the dot thang…which is

why I’d be more down with Permaculture Information Web.)
Chad - ?
John H. - ?

Also, I like Rich’s proposed motto - “The open library of plant and
permaculture information.”

-MISCELLANEOUS -
-Thanks Lawrence for the clarification about the relationship between HG
and the PcKnowledgebase. (But when you refer to HG, you’re actually
talking about permaculture.info right? Should the core group refer to it
as HG for short? As kind of a pet name, a term of endearment?)

-Thank you also Lawrence for the comments about posting to the list, I
will definitely wait until you set up the non-techie discussion list to
post. And no worries, I will send out a draft of the post for feedback
before I post it (it’s in the calendar, amigo). Actually going to start
working on the draft now…

Beauty. Please vote on whatever you haven’t voted on, if anything.

tchau
*Stephanie