pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] technical details, plan, re: synthesis

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] technical details, plan, re: synthesis
  • Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 00:34:21 -0700

Chad Knepp wrote:

Hey John or John are you on this? If not I'll talk to them. I think
for numbers we could say something like disk use starting at 100 Megs
and hoping to grow to 1 Gig and bandwidth starting at 1-5 Gigs/month
and hoping to grow to 10-20 Gigs/month. No idea about CPU usage but I
don't think it will be that significant. These are really wild
guesses until we have something developed

I'll bet that would be good enough, go for it. I think they only need to know
that you want Zope plus any desired auxilliary packages and what your storage
needs are.
Maybe they will like the idea of offering Zope to all ibiblio accountholders
and will add it without supplementary funding from HG. I would suggest
providing testimonials as to its
stability running in their cluster environment and that it will not be a
maintenance headache for them.