pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Zope

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "John Howe" <warlock@arashi.com>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Zope
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:01:20 -0700 (PDT)

> That sounds very nice, what kind of disk quota do you have? I think
> the current Eden dataset is about 35-40 megs live in MySQL. Not sure
> how it would compare in ZODB, but I think we be in the gigs shortly
> esp. if we put images and other big things in.

My disk quota is dynamic, I can easily "grow" the partition as the project
matures in size.

> If we do end up using your server, we could write that into the next
> grant.

If it is decided to use my server for the time being, I currently see it
as an environment towards the enventual succession to ibiblio.
Systemically, I see use of my server as "proving ground" to system
requirments @ ibiblio eventually. johncompanies.com is also Open Source
friendly, and I get reduced rates when hosting open source projects.

I do see the project eventually residing at ibiblio. I think in the
interim prototype phases, I have available hosting resources that can
address the development effort. And funding could be pursued to acquire
the necessary dedicated server resources @ ibiblio in the next grant
phases.

John Howe, B.S, M.A.
http://www.arashi.com/

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the
mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science.
-- Albert Einstein