pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] Zope

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] Zope
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 11:00:52 -0700

Zope on ibiblio
---------------

I called the ibiblio staff today to inquire whether they would be able to
offer Zope
as a programming environment for HG. The reply was:
Ibiblio does not run Zope now but they may consider it in the future. You could start dialog with them now about the possibility of making this happen. As Zope quality was the issue before before it is not now (according to JS and JH) but:
1) Zope requires a dedicated environment, i.e. a dedicated server and they cannot offer us this at this time, neither do they offer colocation services for us to run and maintain our own server
2) I asked whether we could buy them a server to run Zope on and the response
was that this also would entail integrating it into their
existing environment, requiring much staff time for integration, setup and maintenance, in other words cost them a significant sum of money which they cannot allocate at this time.
They would entertain discussion about doing this later (us providing a server or they providing their own) - send email to them at help@ibiblio.org and info@ibiblio.org to start the process.
As for offering Bugzilla or Sourceforge-like services, I forgot to ask them about that but Rich or someone else can email the staff at the above ID's to find out, or if you want me to email them about any of this just tell me what to ask.