pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] tech list

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] tech list
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 20:23:52 -1000 (HST)

Aloha,

> I thought it might be a better idea to start a new list for the public and
> use this one for
> tech/dev since it has a lot of tech info in the message archives which
> would be useful to refer to.
> Since HG has not been formally announced in the pc list, timing that with
> the startup of a new
> list for them might work well. What do you think, shall I request
> something like pcplantdb-public?

The few o-s projects I've been on lists, the most general/generic list
name is the most public list, e.g. pcplantdb in our case. More specific
lists get the hyphen treatment and a specifier, as in pcplantdb-dev,
pcplantdb-data, and so on.
Can the archives from this list be bumped over somehow to pcplantdb-dev?

Otherwise I would prefer something other than '-public', like '-general'
or '-users' or similar.